St Mary’s, Halton
“We seek to reveal the love of
God in Jesus, through our
welcome, worship and word.”
Christ Church, Castlefields
to book a Wedding:
Revd Tony Mitchell on the details below.
Address: 27 Halton Brow, Halton, Runcorn. WA7 2EH
Who may be married
at St Mary's?
The marriage law governing the Church of England permits us to marry the following
Firstly, you are entitled to be married at St Marys if either you or your
fiancé reside with the boundaries of St Marys parish.
To determine if either of you live in St Marys parish, please use the
Secondly, if either you or your fiancé have a qualifying connection
you may be married at St Marys.
The qualifying connections are as follows:
is the 2017 cost of a wedding at St Mary's?
- Either of you were baptised in St Marys, Halton parish by a Church
of England service.
- Either of you have been confirmed (by a Church of England service) and
your confirmation is entered in a register belonging to a church or chapel
in St Marys, Halton parish.
- Either of your parents or grandparents was married in St Marys,
Halton parish by a Church of England service.
- Either of you have had your usual place of residence in St Marys,
Halton parish for at least 6 months.
- Either of your parents has had his or her usual place of residence in
St Marys, Halton parish for at least 6 months during your lifetime.
- Either of you have habitually attended public worship at the Church of
England services in St Marys, Halton parish for at least 6 months.
- Either of your parents has habitually attended public worship at Church
of England services in St Marys, Halton parish for at least 6 months
during your lifetime.
The basic cost of a wedding
at St Marys for 2016 is £585.
This is made up as follows:
|Having your banns read at St Marys (part of basic
|The service (part of basic legal fee)
|The marriage certificate (part of basic legal fee)
|Total Basic Legal Fee
|Please note that the cost of a Registrar is included in the above legal
fee as you would be getting married under laws applying to the Church
of England. In this situation, the Vicar is the Registrar.
The following items are extras:
(we strongly recommend that a Verger is used. See The
Verger for further information)
(St Mary's is a cold building - see notes about Heating
for additional details)
|All of the above services are included in the basic cost of a wedding
The following items are additional extras:
|Flowers provided by St Mary's
|Video recording of the wedding (organist's fee)
|Video recording license
(If you wish to video record your wedding, you will need to apply for
copyright permission to record the event. This should be obtained from
(at a cost of about £30))
If either of you reside outside of the parish, you will either need to have
the banns called in the parish where you reside (cost £41 to the parish
that calls your banns) or if you live outside of England/Wales, then youll
need a special licence (about £200).
How do I reserve a date
for a wedding at St Mary's?
Obtain an application form from Revd Tony Mitchell (details mentioned above). Submit
the completed application form with a pre-payment of £100 to him. When he has
accepted your proposed date, then that day and time is reserved for you.
strongly recommend that you make use of our Verger.
The Verger sees to the smooth running of your wedding in respect of the "behind
the scenes" items that happen in the church.
The Verger will
For people not used to church, a Verger can be a reassuring presence and will do
all he/she can to make people feel welcome and comfortable as they arrive.
- Supervise the parking area, so that as many cars as possible can fit into our
(We can get about 45 cars into the parking area if the parking is supervised)
- Ensure the church is clean and tidy before your wedding, including removing
regular "Sunday" items such as the pew Bibles, projector and screen,
and making sure that everything is ready for your service.
- Assist any hired musicians to get set up on the day.
- Assist if there are guests who require special needs, such as wheelchair access.
- Greet your guests as they arrive at the church, showing them where to sit and
handing them an Order of Service.
- Helping and guiding people as necessary, whether to their seats or to point
them to where the toilets are.
- Assist the drivers of any abnormal vehicle (e.g. stretch limo or horse carriage)
Back to Wedding Fee
Back to top of the page
Mary's is a cold stone building. We regularly heat St Mary's for 9 months of the
year for our normal Sunday services.
This is for the months of September to May. It tends to only be during the months
of June, July and August that heating is not required.
Back to Wedding Fee
Back to top of the page